The entire Scatena Daniels team has a proven track record in planning and executing strategic communications plans on local, regional, and national levels. Our founding partners and team members have received awards to honor our work and dedication to the community by organizations such as PRSA San Diego, San Diego Press Club, San Diego Magazine, San Diego Business Journal, San Diego Metropolitan Magazine, Cable Television Public Affairs Association, and Toastmasters International.
- Denise’s Superpower: She has the ear of some of the top media powerhouses and community influencers in San Diego County and beyond.
- What She’s Known For: With her uncanny ability to build awareness and trust for clients, there’s good reason why she’s an award-winning communications pro with more than 20 years of strategic communications experience.
- Portfolio: Healthcare, real estate, education, arts and culture, media, entertainment, professional services, philanthropy.
- Her toughest clients? Her eight-year-old twins.
- Education: B.A. in Communications from Chapman University; M.A. in Communications from San Diego State University
- Associations: San Diego Press Club, National Association of Hispanic Journalists San Diego/Tijuana chapter, University Club of San Diego, Mama’s Kitchen, and Pug Rescue of San Diego County
- Accomplishments: Multiple awards from PRSA San Diego, San Diego Press Club, and Cable Television Public Affairs Association. Recognition from San Diego Business Journal, San Diego Magazine, San Diego Metropolitan Magazine. She also participates in panel discussions about PR, social media, and the evolution of media communications.
- In Denise’s free time: Although PR is part of her every day, when she’s not developing top-notch promotional strategies for clients, she can be found burning off energy at the YMCA or the pilates studio, or planning the next family adventure.
- Arika’s Superpower: She is the “get it done right” gal.
- What She’s Known For: When you need PR done right, Arika’s the one who will get the job done. She literally can do it all: guiding her clients through the rough waters of a tough issue, creating a grassroots outreach that gets results or planning strategic media relations.
- Portfolio: Healthcare, education, banking, automotive and philanthropy.
- Education: B.A. from San Diego State University; MBA from Chapman University’s George L. Argyros School of Business.
- Associations: PRSA San Diego / Imperial Counties, San Diego State University’s Business Alumni Network, PRSA Counselor’s Academy, WomenGive San Diego
- Accomplishments: Multiple awards from PRSA San Diego, San Diego Press Club; and the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC). Recognition from San Diego Business Journal, San Diego Magazine, and San Diego Metropolitan Magazine.
- In Arika’s free time: When she is not putting out PR fires or singing her clients’ praises she can be found shuttling her three kids around for their extracurricular activities, wine tasting with her husband in Paso Robles or getting her blood flowing at Orange Theory Fitness.
- Suzy’s Superpower: Sparking innovative ideas leading to huge client wins.
- What She’s Known For: Suzy is our high-energy “firestarter.” She has a proven track record of igniting revenues, blazing through strategic communications campaigns, and kindling lasting relationships for our clients and the media.
- Portfolio: Healthcare, education, philanthropy, food and beverage, and hospitality.
- Education: B.A. in Journalism from the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Associations: Asian American Journalist Association’s San Diego Chapter, Toastmasters International, Southern Division, National Association of Hispanic Journalists San Diego/Tijuana chapter, San Diego Press Club.
- Accomplishments: Division Director of the Year 2016, Toastmasters International, Southern Division. Multiple awards from PRSA San Diego and San Diego Press Club.
- In Suzy’s free time: When she’s not pitching the media, or saving the day, you can find her spending time with her husband and cooking.
Ann Marie Price
- Ann Marie’s Superpower: Her “can’t stop, won’t stop” attitude pushes her to reach new heights and achieve top-tier media results.
- What She’s Known For: Ann Marie’s organizational prowess, perseverance, and knack for writing makes her the ultimate triple threat.
- Portfolio: Education, arts, science, nonprofit, hospitality, transportation, public affairs and lifestyle brands.
- Education: B.A. in Journalism from San Diego State University.
- Associations: Public Relations Society of America San Diego / Imperial Counties Chapter.
- Accomplishments: New Professional of the Year, PRSA San Diego / Imperial Counties Chapter. Multiple awards from PRSA San Diego and San Diego Press Club.
- In Ann Marie’s spare time: When she is not dedicating herself to the craft of PR she can be found spending time with her husband and son watching their favorite TV shows and exploring the beautiful city of San Diego.
- Maria’s Superpower: Her ability to develop long lasting relationships and her enthusiasm to take on new challenges every day.
- What She’s Known For: Our resident go-getter, Maria loves building online communities and sharing the good news about what’s happening. She has honed her professional experience and brings an extensive bilingual background in English and Spanish to the firm.
- Portfolio: Public affairs, finance, engineering, agriculture, healthcare, and hospitality brands.
- Education: B.A. in communication from San Diego State University
- Accomplishments: Served as an Intercultural Ambassador for Colombia, teaching young students about her cultural heritage and traditions.
- Maria’s free time can be summed up in two words: Coffee and outdoors. As a Colombian coffee aficionado, she is always on-the-go exploring and rating the trendiest coffee shops on her Instagram page @coffeegiiirl. Maria also loves to stay active while hiking and yoga are two of her favorite activities.
Senior Social Media Specialist
- Stephanie’s Superpower: Her effectiveness in building online communities from the ground up and building relationships with fans and followers in bold and exciting ways.
- What She’s Known For: She is one of the most sought-after speakers on Facebook Live video, known for her dynamic stage presence and cutting-edge Facebook engagement tactics. As an ad agency veteran, Stephanie has helped Fortune 500 companies and small businesses skip the guesswork on how to build their brand online with social media.
- Portfolio: Important nonprofit brands and other clients including P&G, Sephora and Harrah’s Resort SoCal among others.
- Education: B.A. in psychology from San Diego State University
- Awards: Multiple awards from PRSA San Diego, OMMA Award, San Diego X, Gartner and 1to1 Media, and Forrester.
- Accomplishments: Stephanie has spoken at Interactive Day San Diego, Social Media Day San Diego, Social Video Con and today coaches female entrepreneurs on how to step into the spotlight with live video and transform their business from unknown to unforgettable.
- In Stephanie’s spare time/hobbies: She enjoys celebrating Whatever We Want Wednesdays with her almost threenager.