WHY: Did you know that 2 in 5 San Diego seniors have to choose between rent and food?
WHERE: Serving Seniors’ West Wellness Senior Center, 1525 4th Avenue, San Diego, 92101. (Downtown San Diego, corner of 4th Ave. and Beech Street)
EXPECTED ATTENDANCE: Approximately 175 seniors
WHEN: Monday, Nov. 9 from 10:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. 10 millionth meal to be served sometime between 10:50-11:10
MORE INFORMATION AND TO MAKE A DONATION: www.servingseniors.org
INTERVIEWS & VISUALS:
- Serving Seniors’ state-of-the-art Gary & Mary West Senior Wellness Center, where thousands of meals each week are provided to San Diego low-income seniors.
- Over 175 seniors will be in attendance to celebrate the 10 millionth meal milestone.
- Yolanda Maldonado, ten million meal recipient and long time client/volunteer of Serving Seniors (nine years), can share her experience with the organization and how the nutrition program helps her each and every day.
- San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer and County Supervisor Ron Roberts will speak to the wellness model of Serving Seniors that is recognized regionally and nationally.
- Paul Downey, president and CEO of Serving Seniors, can speak to the mission of the organization that has helped low-income seniors stay healthy and independent for the past 45 years.
- We also have a spokesperson available that speaks fluent Spanish.