Ford Motor Company has been in the fight against breast cancer for many years. In fact, 2015 marks Ford’s 21st year in the fight against breast cancer with more $128 million dedicated to the cause. Through the Drive 4 UR Community program launched in 2012, Ford has donated more than $3.7M to local charities and community groups nationwide.
WHERE: Kearny Pearson Ford
7303 Clairemont Mesa Blvd
San Diego, CA 92111
WHEN: Saturday, Nov. 14 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
BEST TIME TO COVER: 10:00 a.m. to 12 p.m.
INTERVIEWS AND VISUALS:
- Members of the community test-driving cars to support Komen San Diego.
- Laura Farmer Sherman, president & CEO, Komen San Diego, who can speak about the importance of fundraising to end the fight against breast cancer and the organization’s impact on the region and the steps taken everyday to eradicate breast cancer.
- Doug Davis, general manager, Kearny Pearson Ford, can discuss why San Diego County Ford dealers support Komen San Diego.
- Debbie Flori, business manager, Kearny Pearson Ford, and breast cancer survivor who can discuss her breast cancer story as well as why San Diego County Ford dealers support Komen San Diego.
- Tony Savage, former NFL player and male breast cancer survivor can discuss his breast cancer story.
- Pink visuals including pink sunglasses, boas, hats signs, etc. 6-ft table with Komen San Diego tablecloth and more.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT:
- Many people recognize the pink ribbon and we see a lot of it during breast cancer awareness month. But many people do not know what is behind the pink.
- We have come a long way in the fight on breast cancer. But there is still work to be done. In San Diego, 6 women a day are told the words you have breast cancer and unfortunately one woman a day passes away.
- This shouldn’t be. We know that that if caught early enough, the most common type of breast cancer is 99 % survivable. And that’s what we are about at Susan G. Komen.
- Susan G. Komen San Diego is the County’s largest funder of free breast cancer treatments, services and support and is the only organization providing qualified women the free services they need for every step of the breast cancer journey.
- These services include free diagnostic mammograms, life-saving screenings, diagnostics, temporary financial aid for living expenses, meal deliveries, education, and more.
- Also, next to the U.S. government, Komen is the largest funder of breast cancer research in the world.