The Easton Archery Center of Excellence is located on the campus of the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, Calif. The new archery training center boasts a 42,629 sq. ft. facility consisting of a 22,440 sq. ft., 70 meter indoor range, a nearly 1,100 sq. ft. indoor/outdoor shooting range, fitness room, athlete lounge, coaches’ offices and multiple classrooms and conference rooms. The state-of-the-art technology within the center comprises ultra-high speed video, a 3D imaging system and multiple high tech tools to assist current and future Olympians and Paralympians toward their goal to reaching the podium on the world stage. The complex also consists of 30-bed housing, two 90-meter outdoor shooting fields and much more.
WHEN: Thursday, Oct. 22 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Media and invited guests will be able to take a tour of the elite facility, meet world-renowned Olympians, watch Olympic and Paralympians archers compete, try their own skills at archery, as well as enjoy food and festivities.
BEST TIME TO COVER:
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
1:45 p.m. – There will be a unique ribbon-cutting ceremony, where five Olympic Archery medalists will simultaneously “cut” a ribbon in half with bow and arrow
Easton Archery Center of Excellence
2800 Olympic Parkway, Building 2000
Chula Vista, Calif.
Please call Arika Daniels on arrival – (949) 338-6672. Go to main entrance and check in at kiosk. They will give you direct access and a Scatena Daniels’ team member will connect with you.
WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT:
This premier facility, along with Easton Foundations’ four other operating archery centers will provide superior performance training for teams and individual athletes while focusing on developing the archery talents of current and future U.S. Olympic Archery and Paralympic Archery Team Members.
VISUALS AND SPOKESPERSONS:
- Phyllis Easton, wife of Jim Easton
- Greg Easton, son of Jim Easton and president of Easton Foundations
- Spanish-speaking spokesperson available.
- Interviews with archers who are Olympic medalists:
– Simon Fairweather, men’s individual gold medalist Sydney 2000
– Khatuna Lorig, women’s team bronze medalist Barcelona 1992
– Aida Roman, women’s individual silver medalist London 2012
– Juan Carlos Holgado, men’s team gold medalist Barcelona 1992
– Vic Wunderle, men’s individual silver medalist and men’s team bronze Sydney 2000
- Nearly 300 guests attending opening event.
- Take a tour of the multi-million dollar (42,629 sq. ft.) facility’s various amenities.
- Olympic archers and event attendees taking part in archery lessons and a unique ribbon-cutting with a bow and arrow.