Scatena Daniels specializes in marketing communications for companies and organizations that actively support their community. We help to elevate the good work our clients are doing by sharing positive impact stories about the communities they serve.
Scatena Daniels is looking for a proactive, ambitious account coordinator to join our growing team. This junior-level PR professional should have a nose for news, passion for marketing, strong writing ability, and critical thinking skills.
Our agency moves quickly and efficiently, and this position requires the ability to juggle multiple tasks, complete impeccable work, and keep projects on track. This person will receive coaching and guidance from the Scatena Daniels’ team to accomplish results for our clients. This position is an integral piece of delivering stellar client relations and results every day.
The right candidate will have meaningful internship experience with a PR agency or in a corporate, government, or education PR department. This person will have experience creating and executing tasks and campaigns across traditional and digital platforms and be comfortable in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Organize and prioritize their tasks, stay on top of details, and be accountable for results.
- Support drafting collateral and media materials, including news releases, media advisories, pitches, photo captions, public service announcements, social media postings, blog posts, etc., using AP style.
- Develop and maintain media contact lists (print, television and radio, blogger/influencer contacts).
- Writing email newsletters in journalistic style, assisting with delivery as needed, and using email management programs to report on e-newsletter performance.
- Researching opportunities for speaking engagements and award opportunities and drafting submissions/pitches.
- Support with various other communications and research projects, such as presentations, elected official outreach, award nominations, event planning, and more.
- Updating project tracking sheets for client teams and working with a team to accomplish client goals. Organizing tasks for account team.
- Setting meetings and scheduling calls for account teams. Attend client meetings when necessary.
- Creating client reports on key accomplishments, activities, and media coverage to communicate results.
- Enhance and foster overall company culture and team morale/enthusiasm.
- Participate in agency promotion, professional development, and team building.
Desired Knowledge & Skills
- Self-starting person who is able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience creating and executing tasks and campaigns across traditional and digital platforms, and looking at every project/opportunity through a DEI lens.
- Excellent writing skills and command of AP style.
- Keen attention to detail, highly organized, and able to multitask and juggle multiple priorities.
- Mastery of key computer applications: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Docs (Drive, Sheets, Slides), Dropbox, Zoom, Canva, and e-mail.
- Knowledge of mainstream social media channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok. Experience in working in these channels for clients is a plus.
- Voracious reader and news junkie.
- Understanding of media research databases like Cision and monitoring tools like BurrellesLuce and TV Eyes is a plus.
- Knowledge of content management systems like WordPress and/or email marketing platforms like Hubspot a plus.
- Desire to continually learn and improve your work.
- This is a remote position; candidate should have the ability to work from home and set up a home office.
- At least 1 to 2 years of public relations or marketing experience, including public relations internship(s) with meaningful responsibilities (preferably with an agency).
- Open to speaking to media professionals who are interested in making the switch from media to marketing communications.
- Some work may require weekend or night hours, or overtime to accomplish the tasks at hand. Some opportunities may also be in-person at our client site or at an event.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or public relations required.
- The ideal candidate resides in San Diego or Southern California, but we are open to candidates from other locations.
We offer competitive compensation based on experience with a full suite of additional benefits, including flexible scheduling, stipend for medical benefits, stipend for cell phone and Internet, generous PTO (including 11 company holidays and “soft close” between Dec. 26 and Jan. 1), as well as paid professional development.
We offer a loyal, fun, and collaborative team environment, a strong roster of clients who just happen to be local and national-renowned brands and organizations, and a management team who understands there are other things in your life outside of your job.
Located in sunny San Diego, we have been a remote agency since 2019 and take pride in having a strong work culture. Working with clients and media have been conducted in a remote manner and in-person media management has been limited. There may be times we are called upon for in-person presence and in a safe socially distant manner.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, 2-3 examples of your work, and your desired salary range to [email protected]
About Scatena Daniels Communications
Scatena Daniels specializes in marketing communications for companies and organizations that actively support their community. As a team of award-winning, senior-level communications professionals, we help our clients elevate the good work our clients are doing by sharing positive impact stories about the communities they serve.
The description above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Equal Opportunity: Scatena Daniels provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: Scatena Daniels values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender identity or expression, age, lifestyle, ethnic background, and sexual orientation, as well as differences in experiences and ideas.